Our Mission Statement
By living the gospel message upon which the ministry is founded we restore dignity and self-respect to empower guests – poor, underserved and homeless individuals and families.
- Have been serving the community for over 32 years.
- Provide 41 beds and 7 cribs at our Emergency Shelter. Capernaum Place, our transitional housing facility of 20 apartments provides comprehensive support services including independent living skills, clinical case management by two social workers, education, economic training and a playground for the children. Corpus Christi, a newly repurposed home for single women in crisis, as well as Bethany House, a home dedicated to assisting families and individuals living with HIV/AIDS complete our housing resources.
- Provide food through the Good Shepherd Soup Kitchen, which feeds 225 people daily, and our food pantry provides groceries to more than 720 families a week.
- Offer clothing (sometimes free with our voucher program), furniture, and household items to the Lawrence community via our three thrift stores.
- Deliver work preparation instruction via our Spark*L.E. Cleaning Company and Culinary Training programs.
- Have developed an extensive learning environment that provides English as a Second Language (ESL) classes and other essential tools and training for success.