Our Mission Statement
By living the gospel message upon which the ministry is founded we restore dignity and self-respect to empower guests – poor, underserved and homeless individual and families.
- Have been serving the community for over 30 years.
- Provide housing services including an Emergency Shelter with 41 beds and seven cribs, a transitional housing facility of 20 units, and two homes dedicated to assisting families and individuals living with HIV/AIDS.
- Operate a transitional housing facility that offers 18 family and two individual apartment units, comprehensive support services, independent living skills, clinical case management by two social workers, education, economic training and a playground for the children.
- Provide food through the Good Shepherd Soup Kitchen, which feeds 225 people daily, and our new food pantry provides groceries to more than 720 families a week.
- Offer clothing (sometimes free), furniture, and household items to the Lawrence community via our three thrift stores.
- Deliver work preparation instruction via our Spark*L.E. Cleaning Company and the Culinary Training programs.
- Have developed an extensive learning environment that provides English as a Second Language (ESL) classes and other essential tools and training for success.